Search This Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Green Monster

In the past I have attempted making a green monster smoothie but the pieces of spinach left gave the drink a chewy texture compared to the liquid I was hoping for. That being said I went back to my true love my juicer for my morning green juices.

Well yesterday I decided to give green monsters another chance and I am so glad I did, it was *delicious*

I filled my blender 3/4 of the way full with organic baby spinach
1 cup of frozen organic blueberries
1 cup of frozen organic mango
1.5 cups of cold water
.5 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1 TB of chia seeds for an added dose of Omega 3's

Blend together using the liquify button or blend for at least 5 minutes. Feel free to use 2 cups of water instead of almond milk and play with the fruit and veggie combinations. Anything will work!

Now how to sneak some spinach into Jason's next smoothie without him knowing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...