When Dr. Mark Hyman presented at the nutrition conference I just attended in NYC he mentioned one topic that I had to share. He spoke about the *10 rules for living a healthy life*, these rules are simple and easy to incorporate with a little planning. Print these rules out and hang them on your frig for extra motivation!
1. Eat foods without labels (such a fruits and veggies)
2. Choose foods with less than 5 ingredients and make sure each ingredient is recognizable
3. Avoid white powders (sugar, flour, salt etc)
4. Avoid high fructose corn syrup
5. Avoid shortening and refined oils (such as vegetable oils and Crisco)
6. Avoid food additives
7. Avoid artificial sweeteners
8 Eat food grown on a farm (fruits, vegs, whole grains etc) and not "made" in a plant (processed foods)
9. Do not drink your calories
10. Do not eat in bed or the car or your desk. Take time for yourself and focus on the food you are eating at a table.