1 cup of 1% milk
3 chai tea bags
3 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
2 cardamom pods
8oz firm tofu, drained of all water
2 egg whites
1/3 cup plus 2 TB organic evaporated cane juice divided (this is a sugar)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a small saucepan heat milk to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat and add tea bags, cloves, cinnamon stick and cardamom. Cover and let stand for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine tofu, egg, egg whites and 1/3 cup can juice. Process until VERY smooth.
- Remove tea bags and spices from milk. With food processor running slowly pour milk through feed tube until combined. Divide mixture equally among 6 ramekins. Place ramekins in a baking dish and fill dish with hot water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake in oven for 18-22 minutes until set. Remove from oven and chill until serving. To serve top each creme with 1tsp cane juice and place under preheated broiler until crystals melt and become browned.