Friday, September 23, 2011
Cake Batter Cashew Butter
I just made this recipe from edible perspective and its great! Not too mention such a cute hostess gift!
• 2c raw cashews
• 1/4-1/3t fine grain sea salt
• 1/2T vanilla extract
• 1/2t almond extract
• 1T sucanat
• 2T sprinkles
1. Preheat your oven to 250*.
2. Roast cashews on a pan for about 30min, turning 1-2x until lightly golden brown.
3. Let cool 5-10min and pour into your food processor.
4. Turn on + let process until butter smooth. You will need to scrape down the bowl numerous times before it butterizes. It takes about 8-12min to smooth out.
5. Once smooth, add in salt, vanilla, almond, and sucanat.
6. Process again until smooth, scraping the bowl as necessary. ~2-4min.
7. Empty into a bowl and place in the fridge for 15-30min, until room temp or slightly cool.
8. Stir in sprinkles + pour into a jar.