This homemade almond butter is incredible!!! I made this last night and even the smell is mouthwatering. I am already dreaming up new ways to use this spread... muffins, toast, sandwiches, oatmeal, farro, fruits and veggies etc. This recipe yields 1 1/3 cups.
• 2c raw almonds
• 1/3c whole flax seeds
• 2T + 1T maple syrup [they are added in at different times]
• 2t vanilla bean paste [or 2-3t vanilla extract]
• 1/4-1/2t salt
• 1/2T safflower oil
1. Preheat your oven to 300*
2. Line baking sheet with parchment [trust me!] and toss almonds + flax seeds with 2T maple syrup.
3. Bake for 15min, stir, then bake 15min longer.
4. Let cool for a few minutes and pour into your food processor.
5. Process, until nut butter forms, about 10min and 10-15 bowl scrapes.
6. Once creamy and smooth, add salt, vanilla bean paste, and 1T maple syrup.
7. Process again for 3-5min, until it becomes creamy again. Scrape the bowl as necessary.
8. If too thick, add 1/2T oil and let process another minute or two.
9. Store in a air tight jar.
Source- Oh She Glows