Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Homemade Cereal

I have grown up eating cereal, it didn't matter what type we just always had cereal in the house (this was my mom's favorite food, I mean if she was on a desert island the only thing she would need is cereal.. haha!). But in my twenty's this food is now forbidden from my house. The sweet sugary snack is something I can't stop eating. Once I have a bowl, I am immediately starving a short while later and eat again. I swear an entire box can go in two days. That being said when I read I heat wellness's blog it was like we were on the same page. She posted a cold cereal recipe made with quinoa that I had to try. Since it was a clean recipe with whole grains I knew it would fill me up and leave me satisfied while still giving me the feeling of enjoying a bowl of cereal with cold (almond) milk. It turned out delicious (a little like grapenuts and there is no way you could over eat, its SO filling).

• 2 cups cooked quinoa

• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp nutmeg
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 2 tbsp honey
• 1/4 tsp stevia {optional}

Preheat oven to 350.

Cook quinoa as instructed on the package. Once the quinoa is cooked, fluff it with a fork and add in all the ingredients.

Stir together well.

On a parchment lined cookie sheet, spread the quinoa mixture out evenly. Make sure the mixture is only a 1/2 inch thick at the most.

Bake for 35-45 rotating and stirring every 10 minutes. **I cooked my batch longer until crunchy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...