Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

Vanilla Bean Broken Farro

I made this recipe in place of my steel cut oats over the weekend and I am addicted!! It is extremely filling and will definitely hold you over until lunch!

Ingredients
1/3 cup rounded farro
3/4 cup milk (I used original Almond milk)
1/2 cup water
1 tsp of vanilla bean paste
2 tsp sucanat (I used pure cane sugar)
1/4 cup raisins or currants (optional)

Directions
  • ground farro until powdery with small pieces mixed in using a food processor
  • put ground farro into a small pot with milk, water and sucanat
  • bring to a boil over medium heat and reduce to a simmer
  • stir occasionally for about 7-10 mins until desired thickness is reached
  • stir in the vanilla in the last 1-2 mins of cook time. Add extra liquid if it gets too thick (I cooked the farro for 7 minutes then added the vanilla and cooked for an additional 2 minutes)
  • Add raisins into the pot then pure into a bowl.
Topped with raw almonds, half a banana and vanilla maple almond flax butter

Source: Oh She Glows

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...