Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 3 of Pre Cleanse

Today is the 3rd and final day of my "pre" cleanse. That means all weekend I have been eating mainly a raw food, vegan diet. No dairy, meat or eggs.  I thought I would feel hungry or deprived but its actually the opposite. I have found that I no longer have food cravings, and I am not constantly thinking about food.

(FYI- I attended a birthday party and a wonderful mothers day brunch this weekend but not once did I give in to temptations!)

Each morning I started my day with a warm cup of water with fresh squeezed lemon and below is what I ate each day.

Saturday
Breakfast-Strawberries
Lunch- Garden Salad (sprouts, cucumbers, tomatoes and lettuce) with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Snack- Apple Lemon detox juice from a fantastic new juice bar, slice of pure whole grain bread and fresh peanut butter.
Dinner- Cucumber & tomato salad with a sweet potato
Dessert- Raw apple cobbler (YUM!)

Sunday-
Breakfast- Pineapple & a slice of pure whole grain bread and fresh peanut butter
Lunch- Fresh spring salad with homemade dressing and fresh berries
Dinner- Fresh spring salad left overs with homemade dressing & an apple
Dessert- Honeydew melon




Monday
Breakfast- Honeydew melon
Lunch- Salad with onion, cucumber and grape tomatoes with homemade dressing
Dinner- TBD (probably a similar meal to lunch)

Then Tuesday my juices arrive! I am defiantly looking forward to giving my digestive system a break (I mean it has worked every day for 28 years)!  This cleanse is a simple way to rid my body of impurities and at the same time I will be feeding it the highest grade nutrients. This less intense cleanse is perfect for someone like me who doesn't like to be hungry or feel light headed.

I will update my blog tomorrow night after my first day of the cleanse so make sure to check in tomorrow evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...