- Half a multi-grain bagel with unsalted almond butter
- Scoop of dry whole grain cereal with added raisins and a handful of nuts
- Cup or two of plain popcorn topped with a pinch of sea salt
- Six multi grain crackers with two tablespoons natural, unsalted peanut or almond butter and a quarter cup of dried fruit.
- Ten unsalted almonds and one apple cut into slices
- Half a can of salmon or tuna (canned in water) stuffed into a multi grain pita
- Two ounces of low fat cheese cubes with half a cup of grapes or berries
- Four whole wheat organic graham crackers sandwiched with natural, unsalted peanut butter
- Half a cup of low fat cottage cheese with banana slices or berries
- Baked sweet potato topped with nonfat Greek yogurt and chives
- Four ounces of plain, low fat yogurt mixed with whole grain granola, flax seeds and mixed berries
- Selection of crudites with two tablespoons of hummus for dipping
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
On-the-Go Clean Snacks
Healthy snacks can be just as quick as going through a drive thru window. Below are some great on the go snacks from the Clean Eating cookbook that require virtually no prep or cooking time.