10 ways to slash your grocery bill WITHOUT sacrificing nutrition!!!!
The Best of Clean Eating
- Don't leave home without it!! Your list that is; planning ahead helps avoid impulse buys
- Surf to save- reference your grocery stores circular or online ad when planning your weeks menu
- Pick your produce wisely-In season fruits & veggies usually cost less and last longer.
- Cut spending with the right cut of meat-choose less expensive cuts like lean ground beef and bone in chicken.
- Skip the snack packs and make your own- 100 cal packs can cost 2x more than regular boxes
- Check the expiry date- check the best before date to avoid wasting unused products
- Look beyond eye level- high priced items are usually at eye level so check out the top & bottom shelf
- Pick less pricey protein-dried beans are less expensive than canned
- Use coupons common sense-do not use a coupon to save a $1 on a product you will never use
- Bring your own bags-Some stores give discounts for each grocery bag you bring.