Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

mmmm..... pancakes!

The thought of pancakes can make my mouth water at times but after I enjoy the "fluffy" treat, I feel so sluggish (no energy), tired and uncomfortably stuffed. Does anyone else feel this way? 

So I usually choose eggs or oatmeal for breakfast to jump start my morning. But ...... I have found the best recipe for all of us who deep down inside love pancakes but want the protein boost of eggs.

Just mix 1/2 cup of egg whites (approx- 3 eggs), 1/2 cup of uncooked oatmeal (I use Quaker), 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese and a few sprinkles of cinnamon or cacao powder. Then cook on medium heat just like pancakes (let them cook awhile before you try to flip them). Top with your choice of syrup or fresh fruit.

YUM!! I can't wait for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...