Search This Blog

Friday, December 9, 2011

Microwaves... are they safe?

I remember the day when I would turn to the microwave to cook everything. It just made life easier! Over the last few years however, I have turned away from the microware and started using the stove top to reheat or cook food to ensure that the nutrients of my food was not decreasing. When you stop and think about it, a machine that zaps your food in 30 seconds can't be healthy. Plus the articles on the dangers are endless.

I wanted to share something real and tangible to explain the dangers of a microwave. These photos are from a a little girls science project in 2006. In it she took filtered water and divided it into 2 parts. The first part she heated to boiling in a pan on the stove, the second she heated to boiling in the microwave.
Then after cooling she used the water to water 2 identical plants to see if their would be any difference in the growth between the water boiled on the stove and the water boiled in the microwave. See below for results.  

The results are astonishing! As you may have read microwaves corrupt the DNA in food so the body can no longer recognize it. The body wraps it in fat cells to protect itself from the dead food or eliminates it fast. I understand the makers, and doctors say microwaves are safe so I will not tell you what to do but my recommendation is to remember the plants, we are living beings as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...