You Can Freeze Eggs!
Eggs about to expire? First check the carton: Chilled eggs will keep 4 to 5 weeks beyond the package date (or about 3 weeks after you bring them home). Time's about up? Don't toss them- beat them and freeze them. Frozen eggs will keep up to 1 year, making them your go-to staple for breakfast and more. Here's what you need to know:
- Crack Eggs into a bowl; beat with a whisk just until blended.
- Pour Beaten Eggs into freezer containers, leaving 1/4 inch headspace (to allow for expansion during freezing).
- Seal Containers and attach label detailing the number of eggs and date. Freeze.
- Thaw Eggs in refrigerator overnight
- Choose Dishes in which thoroughly cooked eggs are called for, such as scrambled eggs, frittatas, and baked casseroles. Use thawed eggs immediately.
Also another great tip for hardboiled eggs: Boil eggs in salted water so that once hard cooked, they will peel more easily.