Sunday night I made this clean recipe for my husband and I, and it was delicious! Its a great one-dish meal or as a side.
6 russet potatoes (about 1.5lbs), peel left on and scrubbed well
olive oil cooking spray
1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts), chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
2 tsp olive oil
3oz baby spinach (about 1 3/4 cups)
1/2 small yellow or red onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup reduced fat blue cheese, crumbled
1 tbsp low-fat plain cream cheese
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. With a fork poke holes in potatoes. Wrap potatoes separately in foil and bake in a large baking dish misted with cooking spray for 45 mins to 1 hour or until tender; let cool for 15 minutes
- Season chicken with 1/4 tsp of sale and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 507 minutes or until cooked through; remove from skillet and set aside. Add spinach and onion to skillet and saute over medium heat until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut potatoes in half lenghtwise. Carefully scopp out centers, leaving 1/4 inch thick shelles. In a large mixing bowl mash potatoes meat; set aside.
- Stir chicken and spinach mixture into potato meat. Add blue cheese, cream cheese, lemon juice, and remaining 1/4 tsp of salt, stirring well. Spoon mixture into potato shells, dividing evenly and place potatoes cut side up, on a baking sheet and mist with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned and thoroughly heated.
Nutrients per potato (2 filled halves): Calories:252, Total Fat:4g, Fiber 3g, Protein 14g
Clean Eating Magazine July/August 2010