As you all know I moved from a tiny little row home in the city where storage was hard to come by. The cartoon above depicts how tiny our little make shift "pantry" was..... actually it was a storage closet to hide the switch box. So, as a girl who loves cooking I dreamed big of and organized pantry.
In preparation for the move (ok this may have been a year before we even sold our house) I used a gift card and bought all these cool glass jars from Crate & Barrel and broke out my label maker- Best Saturday Night Ever! Then they were shoved and stacked back into our tiny little pantry just waiting for their own space one day.
Cabinet Must Haves-
- Natural Peanut Butter
- Braggs Liquid Aminos
- Raw Honey
- Nutritional Yeast (gives dishes a "cheesy" flavor)
- Coconut Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt
Here is a close up of our tiny little jars- I love it!
Any here is our pantry- each jar has its own space and according to my dad it looks like a "damn health food store" (that just may be the best compliment to date, or at least I am taking it as a compliment... haha!)
We have all our grains, nuts, seeds, dried fruits and flours ready to be used to create a delicious meal.
Pantry Must Haves-
- farro- perfect for any warm breakfast
- buckwheat groats- perfect for muffins or vegan overnights
- chia seeds- perfect to add to yogurt, soups, oatmeal, salads etc.
- hemp granola- perfect topping for my acai bowls
- wheatberries - one of my favorites to mix with roasted or fresh veggies
- chickpeas- I add these to everything
- dates- cut in half with a little sea salt and a pecan pressed inside (its like salted turtle)
- cacao- great to make impromptu hot coco or flavor a pudding or smoothie
- tuna fish
- ground flax
- steel cut oats- love these!
- goji berries
- brown rice
- whole wheat flour
- cane sugar
Kitchen before and after pictures coming soon!! :)