- 1 cup water + 1/2 cup for raisins
- heaping 1/4 cup of golden raisins (you can use any type)
- few dashes of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of arborio rice (this type of rice is important)
- 2 cups of original Almond Milk (I used 60 calorie Almond Breeze)
- 1/2 TB earth balance butter spread
- 4.5 TB sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pour 1/2 cup boiling water over raisins until they plump up (you can do this while the rice is cooking), then drain
- Bring water, salt and earth balance to a boil in a medium pan. Add rice and return to a boil. Reduce the heat to the lowest setting. Shake the pan occasionally and cook until the rice has absorbed the water but is still al dente, about 15 mins.
- Bring almond milk, sugar, vanilla and a few dashes of cinnamon to a simmer in a separate saucepan. Add the cooked rice and cook at a simmer over medium-low heat until the rice absorbs most of the almond milk. About 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer pudding to a large bowl and mix in the plumped raisins- cool to room temperature and then place in the frig to cool a little more and set.
- Serve in a martini glass topped with mixed berries
adapted from Dave Lieberman's arborio rice pudding recipe