- 1 lb of Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbps fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1 slice whole grain bread (about 1 oz) torn into pieces
- 2 tsp lemon zest divided
- 1 tb minced garlic
- 1/4 cup low fat olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced, 1/8 tsp adobo sauce reserved- heres a photo since I had a hard time finding this product... I found it in the Mexican food section
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel off a few outer leaves to pare each sprout down to tight compact head and to expose more of the stalk.
- Cut off the stems close to the bottom leaves, but not so close that the leaves fall off
- Cut sprouts in half (top to bottom)
- Make a 1/2" cut into the stem so the stem cooks evenly
- Transfer sprouts to a large bowl and drizzel with 1 tb lemon juice and olive oil: set aside
- In a food processor pulse the bread into fine crumbs. Sprinkle bread crumbs, 1 tsp of lemon zest and garlic over sprouts and toss until lightly coasted
- On a rimmed baking sheet spread sprouts and crumb mixture into an even layer. Place in oven for 10 minutes, remove from oven, turn over sprouts and return to oven for an additional 7-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare aioli; in a small bowl combine mayo, 1 tb lemon juice, 1 tsp lemon zest, chipotle chile and reserves sauce; mix well.
- Place sprouts on a beautiful plate and serve with aioli on the side for dipping.