Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ginormous Cereal Bowl-Anza

If anyone knows my mother, they know her favorite food is cereal. So growing up cereal was a go to meal for breakfast, snack or a quick dinner. To this day I still love sitting down with a bowl.


The sad part is the portion size for a single serving is in most cases 2/3 cup. Seriously?? That's ridiculous! When I pour a bowl it usually ends up being 2-3 servings. So what I thought was going to be a healthy breakfast turns into a calorie monster, because I eat way to much.


Hungry Girl is an amazing website and I have almost every one of her cookbooks. One of my favorite recipes is the ginormous cereal bowl-anza. And shes not joking its huge, I had to use a popcorn bowl to make it. But its less than 300 calories so a great quick dinner or filling breakfast choice. Or the perfect choice on one of those days that you have endless munchies!


All you need
1 cup of light vanilla soymilk
1 cup of puffed wheat cereal
1 cup of puffed rice cereal
1/2 cup of puffed corn (like kix)
1/4 cup of Fiber One bran cereal (original)
1/24 cup of blueberries


Mix together and ENJOY!


Per serving (1 bowl)
286 calories, 3g fat, 253mg sodium, 60g carbs, 10g fibers, 12 g sugar, 12g protein, 5 WW Points

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...