Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Natural Home Magazine

The more active of a lifestyle I lead the more and more I look for ways to care for our environment. Living in the heart of a major city proves "being green" a difficult challenge. Recently I have found the new magazine Natural Home. Its a great read that provides simple ways to make small Eco friendly changes around the house.


We all know laundry detergent is very expensive and this magazine gives a great do it yourself recipe for a detergent without chemicals.


Simple Washing Powder
16 cups baking soda
12 cups borax
8cups grated castile or glycerin soap flakes (try Sun Feather Natural Soap Company)
3 tablespoons lavender, lemon, or grapefruit essential oil


Combine baking soda, borax and soap flakes. Add essential oil and mix with a whisk. Use 1/8 cup per load. This recipe makes enough powder to last a family of four for one year.


**This is my first project, I cant wait until my old detergent runs out. I found some of the ingredients on http://www.dwellsmart.com/ and I cut the recipe in half since there are only two of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...